Dental services available
The dental centre provides a full range of services in dentistry. You will find general dentists, specialists and denturists that will satisfy all your oral health needs. For example:
What is a dental crown?
The crown is the visible part of the tooth. It is also the name given to a type of restoration that covers the visible part of a tooth. A dental crown is often the solution to restore a tooth to its original strength.
When is a dental crown needed?
- When a tooth is seriously damaged;
- To restore the strength of a tooth with several fillings or a single but very large filling;
- Following a root canal;
- To cap a dental implant;
- To cover the teeth that are used as pillars for a dental bridge.
Same day crowns with CEREC
With CEREC, an advanced dental technology from Germany, we can create a crown on site and install it in a single appointment. You save time and a temporary crown is avoided.
- Preparation of the tooth;
- Digital scan of the tooth to be restored using an intraoral camera;
- The CEREC CAD program is used by the dentist to finalize the design of the crown;
- Instructions are sent to the CEREC milling station;
- Installation of the crown;
- Adjustment of occlusion.
To learn more about CEREC and to see how a crown is sculpted out of a ceramic block, visit our page on CEREC Technology.