Dental services available
Our dental center offers a full range of dentistry services. You will find general dentists, specialists and denturists who will meet all your needs in oral health. For more information, please select one of the services below :
What is a dental crown?
The crown is the visible part of the tooth. It is also the name given to a type of restoration that covers the visible part of a tooth. A dental crown is often the solution to restore a tooth to its original strength.
When is a dental crown needed?
- When a tooth is seriously damaged;
- To restore the strength of a tooth with several fillings or a single but very large filling;
- Following a root canal;
- To cap a dental implant;
- To cover the teeth that are used as pillars for a dental bridge.
Same day crowns with CEREC
With CEREC, an advanced dental technology from Germany, we can create a crown on site and install it in a single appointment. You save time and a temporary crown is avoided.
- Preparation of the tooth;
- Digital scan of the tooth to be restored using an intraoral camera;
- The CEREC CAD program is used by the dentist to finalize the design of the crown;
- Instructions are sent to the CEREC milling station;
- Installation of the crown;
- Adjustment of occlusion.
To learn more about CEREC and to see how a crown is sculpted out of a ceramic block, visit our page on CEREC Technology.